Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dipshitty

Lately I've had a number of conversations with people about lack of privacy at work. They wonder how or why or even if decisionmakers are assuming that having a company's entire staff in full view at all times increases productivity. These are people who work in large offices with lots of desks and no cubicles. Pretty much like a newsroom.

At a party I attended last night, a woman was bemoaning the loss of her office and all the work she used to get done, in quiet, behind a closed door. I lobbed an idea that the dissolution of material boundaries has come hand in hand with the dissolution of decorum in everyday public discourse. Walls come down <=> Walls come down.

She said,

I hear every bullshit, dipshitty conversation this guy on my left has.

It was funny, the way she said it.

No comments: