Saturday, August 11, 2012

Anonymousy

Maybe I'm writing this because I'm sitting in a comfortable chair and the view of the Empire State Building is making me not want to rise (I miss the way the lights used to be flicked off at midnight--watching for that was one of my favorite New York things to do.)

From the standard warning you see on construction sites all over the city, this one is from the two-lot site next to the building known as The Helena (past CBS's studios, almost to the Hudson), where Durst Fetner is digging the foundation for a residential property that's supposed to be pyramidal in shape. These architects . . .

In all capitals and with close kerning, so that the words are hard on the eyes:

TO ANONYMOUSY REPORT UNSAFE CONDITIONS AT THIS WORK SITE, CALL 311.

A charming, charming typing error, and the word could be broken up into two people: Anony and Mousy.


No comments: